Engineer - Mechanical eMobility
Job Title: Engineer - Mechanical eMobility #066322
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer Mechanical eMobility in Eaton’s Industrial business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of eMobility group to design and develop eMobility products and related accessories for the EV industry, which comply with customer specifications and applicable regulatory standards (SAE, UL, CE, ISO, etc.). Duties may also include participating in engineering initiatives, supporting existing products, product derivative extensions by enhancing performance levels, reducing manufacturing & product costs, and implementing quality / reliability improvements
Your essential responsibilities:
- Perform detailed mechanical part and assembly design of High Voltage Power Distribution Units , DC-DC Converters , Inverters utilizing SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Create simulation models to predict structural, fatigue, vibration and thermal performance of new products in development using SolidWorks Simulation
- Conduct tolerance stack analysis to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance
- Prepare for and participate in formal and informal design review activities
- Work closely with cross-functional team members in planning and executing project based activities
- Communicate task status and risks to project team members and management
- Develop product test plans and work closely with technicians or outside lab resources to implement and review testing activities
- Interface with and provide technical support for customers, plant, quality, and supplier personnel
- Operate and design within transportation industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, & ISO TS16949)
- Work with engineering team members in remote locations (such as US, Mexico and China) to execute new product design and production
If you are:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Desired: Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
3+ years in Mechanical or related engineering area with 2+ years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain.
Minimum of 2 year of experience with and demonstrated proficiency with 3-D modeling software
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time