If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – Software Tester in Eaton’s MTL business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s MTL business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Build software coding solutions into our current and future HAC product portfolio on CCTV – Signaling and Communications ranges where required (with a focus on CCTV including Hernis – Oxalis - Yuhua)
- Focus will be on assisting in the design of a modular system / processor platform, that will be used in all our future embedded systems. You will work with and under the direction of the existing core engineering teams in Norway, UK and Germany and in accordance with our existing systems where new code will be tested and debugged locally before being implemented to the main systems.
- Design and maintenance of firmware for controlling connected systems (controller cards etc)
- Conducts FMEAs and develops validation testing to mitigate risk, improve performance, and increase project success to new and existing firmware
- Assistance in software risk assessments and code reviews
- Support of legacy product firmware (matrix – modbus etc)
- Cybersecurity feature test & fix (with Eaton Centre of Excellence - CoE)
- Integration of group camera stations to third party VMS (video management systems)
- Support the research and identification of Eaton & other 3rd party embedded platforms that can be leveraged to create solutions that best meet technical and functional requirements.
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting technical and functional requirements
- Academic degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, communications engineering or comparable qualification
- 6 – 8 years of work experience is required
High level skillset in:
- C++ / C
- Working with IP based protocols and using WireShark tdebug
- QC / Test of embedded firmware
- Good skillset in:
- IAR Embedded Workbench in the SPQ.
- MS Team Foundation Server(TFS) and/or Apache Subversion(SVN)
- Jira – knowledge (or training will be provided)
- Spira will mainly be needed for testing
Basic Skillsets in:
- Code signing (Eaton protocol)
- MS Visual Studio
- Skills in the following areas are alsan advantage:
- SW design involving integration of several systems through use of SDK/API or open protocols
- Linux and .net on Linux
- Automated SW testing (Regression test)
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time