Strategic Pricing Manager -- Highland, IL
Eaton’s B Line Division is currently seeking a Strategic Pricing Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Strategic Pricing Manager is responsible for building and cultivating a high-performing team that provides our customers a best-in-class experience leading to customer loyalty. In this role, you will responsible for defining and executing a pricing strategy to realize revenue targets as well maintaining profitability
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will identify and track key pricing metrics to improve visibility of competitor and B-Line pricing actions and performance
You will drive the pricing process improvement through the development and communication of pricing policies and procedures in conjunction with the creation and deployment of pricing tools
You will execute overall product line pricing strategies to optimize price realization while efficiently and effectively responding to business opportunities
You will improve service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results, and implementing changes
You will identify and track key metrics to improve visibility of competitor and B-Line service performance and opportunities
You will proactively engage PLMs to develop and execute intercompany pricing strategies
You will lead and develop the strategic pricing team, including technical support and quotations team, in support of talent development initiatives. The Strategic Pricing Manager is responsible for developing, executing & communicating the company’s pricing strategy
You will coach and develop all team members on quality
You will coach and provide feedback and training to team members
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from a four-year college or university
- Experience in providing customer service support and
- 5 years’ pricing experience
- 5 years management experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; under pressure and within project deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Highland, IL.
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of B-Line Products
- Knowledge of ERP system (SAP and Business Explorer)
- 2 years of experience in the commercial/industrial electrical industry
- experience with support systems
- Through knowledge of our various channels to market and familiarity with selling through manufacturer’s representative, distribution, and factory direct sales forces
- Possess the ability to operate in a continual mode of negotiation, coaching and decision making.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to identify trends and present information in a succinct and actionable manner
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in fast paced environment, real-time environment
- Exceptionally collaborative, flexible and adaptive when working with customers and various teams
- Previous proven success measuring department goals to meet company performance standards
- Strong managerial skills, including excellent organization and communication skills, the ability to analyze situations, make decisions and motivate others.
- Experience in monitoring activity of subordinates and background in measuring productivity and effectiveness of that group
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers via phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills; ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time