Eaton’s Lighting Solutions division is currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Canada facility.
The Application Engineer is responsible to prepare best in class and optimized photometric designs utilizing Lighting software (AGI) that will meet and exceed customer and design engineer/consultant requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
will disseminate timely and up to date product, technical and application
information to sales/marketing personnel and clients as required.
• You will acquire and continually upgrade a broad technical knowledge of company’s and competitor’s Lighting products.
• You will be knowledgeable in the function and operation of all Lighting computer application programs required.
• You will keep current on new products and standards in order to deliver quality designs.
• You will collaborate with Sales and client to optimize designs.
• You will manage workload proactively and tracks project activations and completions, as well as sales effectiveness.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• College diploma or Lighting Certification.
• Previous experience in Lighting and Controls industry.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered.
• University degree from an accredited institution.
Position Success Criteria :
• Extensive knowledge of functions and operations of microcomputer hardware and peripherals, as well as familiarity with some of the common software.
• High level of competency with Lighting software (AGI) and photometry.
• Ability to learn quickly.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No