Purchasing director - eMobility
LYON OR PARIS
IN A NUTSHELL :
Several exciting positions are being created following the recent wins of several contracts by our new and innovative eMobility Division. You will report to the EMEA general manager and functionally to a director based in the United States. Your main tasks will be the supervision of a team and the management of the strategy of purchasing and "make or buy", across 3 factories in Europe; including our site in Montrottier (located less than an hour away from Lyon), which is a leader in the manufacture of energy converters mainly dedicated to the automotive industry. We are looking for a procurement professional with solid international and strategic experience in the automotive industry, and in the trading of electronic components. You could be registered at our Montrottier plant, or at our Les Ulis office (less than an hour away from Paris). You will be expected to travel around 25% of your time. Some remote work would be considered.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- Manage a network of suppliers of goods and services via an optimized flow
- Define and deploy purchasing strategies and targets for cost reduction and quality improvement
- Implement and develop evaluation processes and carry out audits at key suppliers to ensure they are properly trained in order to guarantee long-term partnerships
- Participate in the construction, training, and development of a regional purchasing team
- Collaborate with Eaton's central organization to refine purchasing strategies
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Commerce
- Strong strategic and international experience in purchasing in the automotive sector, and in trading of electronic components
- Fluent English
Important notice: the successful candidate will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time