Division Materials Planning Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Division Materials Planning Manager located in our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Reporting to the Director Supply Chain, this position will be responsible for designing and implementing best-in-class materials management strategies and processes that drives quantifiable improvement across the organization, using Eaton’s materials management standards and industry best practices.
This person will work closely with Plant Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Continuous Improvement Managers and plant SCM individuals as this position assists in establishing and optimizing demand and scheduling signals, inventory levels and material flow for defined levels of customer service. This position also requires active coordination with the Marketing, Distribution Centers, Operations, Finance. Logistics and Sourcing teams for all RWDD operations models including, Make-to-Stock (MTS), Make-to-Order (MTO), and Engineer-to-Order (ETO) businesses
- Manage the activities of assigned brand production operations, ensuring that a quality product is produced in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest possible cost
- Define inventory strategies for finished goods, work in process and components, and deploy alignment of those strategies with standard replenishment techniques
- Define physical flow of material in the factories, leading to standardization on how material is stored, moved, used and dispose in coordination with suppliers and distribution centers as appropriate
- Take ownership of the division’s inventory plan, aligned with expectations and actions for its achievement
- Provide leadership of the Integrated Business Planning – Supply Review, aligning supply/load of the factories and with demand requirements, including ramp up/ramp down of new/old products
- Provide leadership to define and drive improvements on product scheduling and component planning processes and its associated performance metrics
- Establish inventory strategies in support of achieving world class service
- Ensure supplier lead times, routings, bills of materials, planning parameters are up to date and reflected accurately in the operations’ ERP/MRP systems
- Ensure all planning parameters up to date and reflected accurately in the operations’ ERP/MRP systems
- Work with Engineering, Marketing and Operations to ensure NPI planning and execution is achieved and ensure that inventories of finished goods and components are adequately planned to minimize excess and obsolete material.
- Collaborate with Sourcing, Operations, and SCM Materials Planning on new product/supplier launches for parts/commodities that are included in the SIOP model.
- Lead process improvement on implementation planning of NPI.
- Minimum 5 years of materials or operations experience
- Operations experience in shop floor management, material flow, manufacturing engineering, or capacity management
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and lean concepts
- Adequate use of ERP/MRP tools through data health, configuration and implementation of improvements based on outcomes from analysis tools, for both internal and external components and assemblies.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up and maintaining replenishment systems, managing operations/planning functions, or other operations focused team is a plus.
- Certifications in APICS (e.g. CPIM) are a plus
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary and complete benefits
This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time