HR Technology Leader
Eaton is currently seeking a Manager – HR Technology to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, Ohio corporate offices.
Come lead a key enabler of the HR function – our team that manages our HR technology systems and processes. HR technology supports the entire lifecycle of events for Eaton employees and connects other Eaton systems to important employee information. This leadership role helps drive our digital journey, bring technology to life in how we work and deliver the Eaton employee experience and optimize our HR processes and services with automation.
In this role...
- You will have direct management and accountability for Eaton’s HR Technology (examples include: Oracle HRMS, Self Service, Compensation Planning, Reporting, Taleo, Case Management, Robotics Process Automation, Sumtotal, Performance Management, Digital Files, and incorporation of ongoing investments in technology), HR Security, and the technical integration of HR data with downstream systems, processes, and vendors including Payroll, Time & Labor and other function technology platforms.
- You will lead the global direction for HR Systems Governance, Process Design, Architecture, HR Data Stewardship, Technology Support and Configuration Management.
- You will partner with the HR COE’s, IT, Finance, and others to support the solution architecture and roadmaps for the HR systems and integration and security & management of the HR data.
- You will serve as process lead and owner for efforts such as defining and evolving solutions for Self Service, Contingent Worker Process, GDPR, multi-platform Technology Language Strategy and implementation and employee headcount.
- You will partner with HR Reporting and Analytics on all aspects of leveraging HR information for decision making and processes. Champions user experience and ease of use for all technology.
- You will offer input to solutions/projects/real-time issues for other focus areas such as risk management, internal audit, financial controls, compliance and regulatory efforts.
- You will govern and oversee major projects and strategic change initiatives managing impact analysis, cost and benefit estimation/ROI for the business case, risk assessment, and resource planning either personally or though subordinate managers and technical team members.
- You will directly lead a team that is globally organized, with team members in five different countries including direct and functional team members.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing in a technical field with both operations and project management responsibilities
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- MBA or additional advanced degree in a related field
- Experience implementing, managing, and supporting HR systems and support and/or HR business or consulting experience
- Exposure to ERP systems and/or large-scale system integration.
- Experience with regional and global operations including managing, coaching and developing a global team
- In-depth knowledge of financial, portfolio management, resource planning and other management processes
- Vendor management and delivering results through matrix teams and partnerships
- Ability to evaluate business processes and strategies and to develop and support business goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner.
- Broad knowledge of information technology capabilities and characteristics, software languages and applications, data base technology, communications hardware/software, standards and procedures and data security techniques.
- Management/administrative knowledge including project management, cost estimating, testing, audit processes, change management, budgeting and cost management.
- Experience with Lean/Continuous Improvement tools and resources
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time