Lead Engineer - Aerospace
Job Title: Lead Engineer – Aerospace #066120
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer in Eaton’s industrial business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is a part of Aerospace group and the individual will be responsible for design and certification of Aerospace hydraulic systems. The individual will be responsible for architecture design and studies, requirements development and flow-down, system integration, and certification compliance. The position will coordinate across the Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC) Hydraulic sites to support these projects.
A successful candidate will need knowledge and have prior experience of Aerospace hydraulic and actuation systems and components, be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and lead system and sub-system level projects.
- Provide technical leadership for systems and sub-system programs as part of the IPT.
- Execute on systems engineering functional capabilities including: requirements development including flow-down and traceability; system architecture design and analysis; project engineering; control system design; system integration and verification; requirements compliance; certification compliance; functional competency aligned with the Eaton Industrial Sector Centers of Excellence for modeling and simulation, reliability, maintainability, safety, motors, electronics, firmware and software.
- Lead proposal preparation and execution of technical proposal and engineering schedules and hour estimates to support the commercial response.
- Prepare and review project related documentation to ensure completeness and quality.
- Prepare presentations for Eaton leadership and representation at customer meetings as a technical expert. Highlight issues and manage customer requirements when necessary.
- Develop standard processes, standards, and working instructions including the Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES)
- Drive culture of innovation with focus on patent, disclosures and high-impact ideas.
- Develop six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality, speed of execution
- Work directly with internal and external customers, suppliers, project engineers, design engineers, test engineers, COE functional leads, program management, and other product team members to develop systems and products.
- Develop tools, design methods, analysis and verification techniques to ensure efficient and accurate system architectures and predictions.
- Provide mentoring to systems and product engineers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 8+ years of system, product design, development, and/or production design problem resolution experience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience on Aerospace hydraulic systems and/or electrical actuation systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills working with a cross-functional team.
- Strong communication and collaboration with internal and external customers.
- High level of creativity and strategic thinking
- Experience with the following:
- Requirements development including product flow-down and traceability
- System architecture design and analysis
- Project engineering
- Control system design
- System integration and verification
- Requirements compliance
- Certification compliance – SAE ARP 4754A
- Product design and certification aligned with hydraulic and/or electrical actuation components
- 6+ years of technical leadership in aerospace hydraulic and/or actuation systems
- Design for Six Sigma or Six-Sigma (DMAIC) Greenbelt
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time