Manufacturing Supervisor #066115
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Manufacturing Supervisor in Eaton’s Aerospace business, based inBangalore, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Aerospace business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- This position is responsible to lead operations for hourly employees and to drive continuous improvements in safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, and other cost measures through use of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools.
- Champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone they work with
- Lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC)
- Utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and
- implement actions to improve operational performance
- Direct day-to-day activities, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Championing teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate
- Collaborate with the other Manufacturing Supervisors to schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan
- Coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues and drive operator accountability
- Establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment
- Train and develop hourly team members, engage support team members in problem solving efforts
- Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision
If you are:
- B Tech/B.E. –Mechanical, Diploma or similar education
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in operations and/or in a manufacturing environment
- Three (3) years of leadership experience
- Ten (10) years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes (safety, environmental, assembly, gauging, AS9100)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, coaching, and influence management skills
- Must be able to establish priorities and balance multiple objectives
- Computer Skills: demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, familiarity with MRP systems.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time