Senior Engineer - Power System Technology
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Power System Technology #066114
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer - Power System Technology, in Eaton’s , based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton’s Corporate Research and Technology (CRT) team. In this position the incumbent is responsible for providing technology expertise, develop architectures and impact business product roadmaps by providing differentiated and industry leading solutions. In this position the incumbent will be responsible to bring execution rigor to programs in the field of condition monitoring, prognostics and health management (PHM), engineering analytics and smart products and systems; identify market opportunities, evaluate and develop new technologies, develop business cases, work in integrated project teams, investigate internal/external funding opportunities, connect with customers, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and external customers. Strong technical knowledge, problem solving skills and collaborative style is required to be successful in this position. In this position, the Senior Engineer brings hands-on experience and strong analytical skills. Understands industry trends in engineering analytics, algorithm development & identifies opportunities for Eaton in response to the industry needs keeping in view organization’s vision & mission. The incumbent will be responsible for delivering major deliverables while putting to use strong problem-solving skills and technical knowledge. The Senior Engineer should have the capability to coordinate with global program teams by working collaboratively with CRT as well as product engineering teams. The incumbent will be responsible in supporting compelling technology proposals, mitigating the technology and manufacturing risks for inserting the same to product roadmaps to create a distinct advantage for Eaton’s products.
Your essential responsibilities:
Working with multidisciplinary and geographically diverse teams, the individual will
Identifies novel opportunities to develop new solution offerings for Eaton’s businesses
Identify, evaluate, recommend and transfer mature technologies pertaining to existing or new product lines
Demonstrate exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, co-ordinate with globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and deliver technology solutions
Generate Intellectual Property and trade secrets in the areas of Eaton’s interest.
Provide strong technical knowledge in the technology areas of focus
Collaborate with Eaton’s product teams, global experts, external partners and extended teams to enable technology development
Does schedule and resource planning, budgeting and executes major milestones or project deliverables to achieve the project objectives with-in the desired time and cost.
Communicates in right amount and frequency to all stake-holders and teams on the project status and progress. Identifies risks ahead in time and seeks help to ensure project and team goals.
Presents Eaton’s technologies and solutions to internal and external stake-holders
Provides mentorship to other members of the team and promotes a learning culture
Deploys existing processes and brings change in a collaborative and constructive manner.
Actively participates in internal and external learning forums & professional bodies.
If you are:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Electrical/ Power Electronics/ Signal Processing/ Electronics/ Energy/ Systems Engineering or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- Master’s Degree (3-5 years) or Ph.D. with experience in descriptive, diagnostics, prognostics and prescriptive analytics, prognostics and health management (PHM), condition monitoring, reliability centric management, inferential sensing, sensor-less monitoring, signal processing, physics of failure of electro-mechanical systems, electrical assets and power electronic systems.
- Within innovation or research and technology organizations from major MNCs and/or Overseas experience (e.g. Degrees, exchange research program) highly desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering technology concepts through to commercialization is desired.
- Proven track record of being able to formulate, articulate, promote and execute cohesive advanced technology solutions development.
- Demonstrated track record working on customer requirements through system architecture concepts through to a multi-generation product plan.
- Demonstrated excellence including hands-on experience in electrical power systems, services-based business models, monetizing engineering analytics, connected systems, smart products and services.
- Working experience in developing algorithms, performing engineering analytics, system modeling and hardware-in-loop systems will be added advantage.
- Proven track record for IP generation and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals is desired.
- Hands-on experience with engineering tools like Matlab/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE, PSCAD and experience in building experimental setups, hardware-in-loop systems and conducting disciplined experiments would be desired.
- Ability to apply Design for Six Sigma methodologies in required. Green belt certification in DFSS is highly desired.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time