Senior Engineer - Reliability & Safety
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Reliability& Safety #066099
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer - Reliability & Safety, in Eaton’s Corporate Research Technology group, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton’s Corporate Research and Technology (CRT) team.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsible to identify, manage and mitigate reliability and safety risks associated with advance materials and manufacturing techniques related programs as part of NTI Deck.
- Responsible for the process parameter optimization for advance materials and manufacturing techniques related programs to arrest reliability risks and ensure design robustness.
- Participate in identifying coupon/product level qualification tests per related industry standards (for example Aerospace/Electrical) specific to the application.
- Responsible to develop PHM/CBM solutions including RUL, working with cross functional team.
- Responsible to define, conduct and assess DOEs, hypothesis testing by leveraging EIIC test lab and external vendor testing facilities to develop life models.
- Participate in developing/shaping novel ideas/proposals as part of risk assessment with advance materials and manufacturing techniques related programs.
- Collaborate with Program Managers to define RMS milestones, activities & effort for identified projects. Practices AgileStarts™ methodology in this process
- Utilize Test Lab Infrastructure, AgileStarts™& DFSS concepts/tools such as DOE, Hypothesis testing, DFR concepts / tools such as scorecard, DFMEA, Risk Management, DVPR etc. for new advance materials and manufacturing techniques risk assessment.
- Work with cross functional teams and global reliability engineering teams for designing in reliability on NTI programs.
- Participate as a team member on new technology development and is responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating reliability and safety risks.
- Planning milestones, executing milestones, conducting technical and project reviews, communication through actively participating through AgileStarts™.
- Creates, and sustains process and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the CRT.
If you are:
- Fresher PhD in the reliability engineering or 3-5 years of experience with masters in Reliability Engineering with Bachelor’s (Materials/Metallurgy/Mechanical//Electro-mechanical).
- Proficiency in AgileStarts™ & DFSS concepts/tools such as DOE, Hypothesis testing and Hands-on experience in developing and analyzing life test data.
- Proficiency in DFR process like goal setting, allocation, prediction, demonstration (life data analysis, growth plots & ALT). Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FTA/FMEA, 8D, developing& analyzing component failure rates.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools, Reliasoft preferred and Minitab, Matlab.
- Desired: Work experience in the area of material science and reliability engineering.
- Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization and ASQ CRE certification
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the
passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you
can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time