Fabricator Operator - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Fabricator Operator to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Fabricator Operator will fabricate and/or modify copper or aluminum bus, and modify or add cutouts to doors and covers, work with and maintain the area schedule, and make modifications if necessary to maintain a constant and orderly flow of work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from oral and/or written instructions coming from supervisors and/or prints, sketches and manufacturing information sheets.
- You will utilize manufacturing information sheets, determine necessary parts, write requisitions and work with Kan Ban attendant to obtain materials from stock areas.
- You will operate fabricating equipment such as shear, punch, bender, and nibbler to make or modify all types of bus connectors, risers, taps, mains, etc.
- You will fabricate and/or modify and assemble braces, spacers, barriers, and supports for copper or aluminum as required.
- You will utilize electric trucks and cranes to move material and product as well as assemble, tape, or sleeve if required or necessary.
- You will set up and operate nibbler/punch press to modify or add cutouts and holes to doors, covers, etc.
- You will maintain records as required. This includes maintaining a library of reference sketches and feeding this information to engineers and the area supervisor to correct, update, or make standardized drawings.
- You will monitor area supply bins to insure adequate hardware and parts supply, and to alert the area supervisor or designated person if there is a pending problem.
- You will contact Engineering Dept. when an engineering problem arises, as directed by area supervisor.
- You will determine the quality of work by reporting problems to the Area Supervisor or Quality Control personnel and maintain a piece count and associated records where applicable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Fayetteville, NC will be considered
- Should be able to understand and read wiring diagrams
- Should have sufficient knowledge of the operation of machines required to fabricate metal parts with an ability to make sketches of bus bar assemblies as needed from the actual assemblies on the floor
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No