Sheet Metal Operator/Trucker (1st Shift)
Run parts to be cleaned through series of acid dips and wash to obtain uniform bright dip on materials not to be painted.
Place materials in baskets and immerse in series of cleaning, alkaline, acid and rinse baths using raveling hoist.
Use care to see that entire surfaces are covered by solutions and to avoid excessive crowding of materials in baskets.
Check materials before and after cleaning for imperfections such as damaged threads and other obvious defects.
Solutions prepared by others; time and temperature prescribed.
Make minor adjustments to valves or alter strength of solutions as instructed.
Make simple setups, minor adjustments and set stops on sheet metal equipment; assist with more complex setups as directed.
Spot weld boxes, mounting plates and like parts with spot welding unit usually set up by others.
Assemble various sheet metal details. Make simple templates.
Clean machines daily; oil, lubricate and remove chips periodically as prescribed.
Operate fork lift truck or use hand truck to move material within the department and to or from other departments or storage areas as directed.
Detect defective material or faulty operations. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition and report all questionable cases to proper supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- Minimum six months technical, automotive or machining background
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Experience working with measuring equipment such as gages, verniers, micrometers
- Experience reading blueprints, drawings, and/or schematics
- Minimum of six months of prior fork truck experience
- Duties involve following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions and some judgment.
- Moderate physical effort equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of various job duties.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No