Screw Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
- You will perform a wide variety of operations on Screw Machines.
- You will make adjustments, change, reset tooling to maintain specified dimensions as required.
- You will pack plated parts, internal or external, to machine cycle.
- You will assist setup person and group leader as required. Follow prescribed procedures or instructions as to methodology.
- You will check work with various measuring instruments and gages (verniers, micrometers, scale, etc.).
- You will maintain fairly close tolerances and work to drawings and layouts.
- You will perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution or five (5) years related experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience reading blueprint drawings and able to use measuring devices (verniers, micrometers, gages)
- Minimum of six (6) months of machining experience including one or more of the following: cutting, turning, forming; threading; tapping; milling.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area (50 miles) of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Minimum of one year of machining experience
- Experience working on the following machines: New Britain Gridley; ACME; Brown and Sharp machines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No