Manufacturing Technician 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician to join our shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will create, modify and maintain Manufacturing Programs for Haas CNC Mill, Turret Presses, and Press Brakes. This position will also propose, design and develop manufacturing fixtures for fabrication and assembly lines. You will assistance to Manufacturing and OpEx teams as needed (Machine troubleshooting, tools adjustments and tool design support, Part dimensional/featuring problems) and provide hands-on support to the daily issues in manufacturing and engineering issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will create, modify, delete and maintain programs for one CNC Mill (HAAS), three turret presses and four press brakes. Potential equipment may be added as we continue to grow our fabrication department.
- You will act as main contact for programming concerns and Maintenance of Line (MOL) concerns for one CNC Mill, three turret presses and four press brakes.
- You will increase machine uptime through programming efficiencies and by running test programs, trials or trouble shooting during production breaks or lunch.
- You will utilize engineering drawings and models, specifications, advanced shop mathematics and Material standards to support the daily issues in the manufacturing area (machine troubleshooting, tools adjustments, etc.)
- You will use of computer to access, record and analyze data including ability to use internet, and Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel to efficiently gather tools and machine information for his daily programming duties.
- You will work actively work individually or with various groups of employees in team-based environment to provide and implement continuous improvement strategies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Cleveland, TN will be considered
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in programming software
- Minimum 3 years knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- 2 Years vocational school or post-secondary education relating to manufacturing, machining or programming.
- 3 years’ experience/knowledge of computer systems (Power Link, Enovia, Inventor, MetaCAM).
- 2 Years’ experience working with machining equipment (Milling, Lathes, Saws, Grinding Machines, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience/ability to read and interpret blueprints and parts BOM
- Minimum 3 years knowledge of safety switches products and process
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No