Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Industrial division is currently seeking an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Brooklyn, Ohio facility.
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the selection, justification and successful deployment of advanced manufacturing technologies for Industrial Sector. In this role, you will Evaluate, implement, and drive sector standards: equipment, tools, software and best practices
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be recognized and sought out as subject matter expert (SME) in effective manufacturing engineer solutions and effective problem-solving skills
- You will coordinate with internal and external suppliers in development/delivery of innovative equipment and manufacturing software applications and processes
- You will leverage and maintain a network of technology mentors, peers, and experts providing opportunities to advance Eaton products, processes, material, design, software, hardware and material
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a complex and technical advanced manufacturing engineering environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles from the Brooklyn, OH facility to be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s Degree; Mechanical Engineering however, Computer Science, or Controls Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a complex and technical advanced manufacturing engineering environment
- Master’s Degree; Mechanical Engineering however, Computer Science, or Controls Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in electro-mechanical: tool/fixture design, Poke-Yoke, equipment design, process compliance, employee compliance safety, and product design
- Programming PLC control logic, OPC-UA, serial/ethernet ports, network switches, hubs, and data security necessary for data acquisition
- Customer approachability with amiable interpersonal skills build trust and confidence. Ability to lead, inspire a culture of change, and delivering expected results
- Robust learning agility with vision and aptitude to successful drive integration and deployment of connected of technically advanced automated manufacturing systems and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time