Regional & Business Attorney France, Italy, Southern Europe & North Africa
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the Regional & Business Attorney France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa, you have the dual responsibility of : (i) the coordination of all legal activities for a Business Unit and as such be part of the Business Unit leadership team (ii) being the first point of contact for all legal affairs in France, Italy and Southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Greece, Israel) and North Africa for Eaton’s Electrical and Industrial Sectors.
The Regional Attorney will provide strategic advice in relation to business transactions (sales, supply, development, mergers, etc.) related to the Business Unit and Eaton’s France, Italy and Southern Europe and North Africa region and will ensure that Eaton’s interests are appropriately protected through identification and mitigation of legal, regulatory and compliance risks. You will coordinate and manage the claims and litigations portfolio for the Business Unit and the region of responsibility. He/she will work closely together with the Electrical and Industrial Business Counsels to support claims, litigations and other legal matters in the France, Italy and Southern Europe and North Africa region.
You will work within our world class Legal Team in our site in Morges, Switzerland, and will report to the Counsel Industrial Sector EMEA
Your key deliverables :
· Support the review and implementation of legal strategies to be applied within the Business Unit and the region of responsibility. Design and implement procedures and processes to support those strategies, along with metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of those processes.
· Proactively identify changes in law or regulation in France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa countries that would have an impact on Eaton’s business in EMEA.
· Work closely with and be part of the Business Unit and respective country leadership teams so as to ensure that legal services provided meet business needs.
· Work closely with the corporate secretarial EMEA team on various corporate matters pertaining to Eaton’s business in the France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa region.
· Work closely with the Electrical and Industrial Business Counsels and their wider team to ensure that there is alignment on implementing strategies for Eaton Business Units in the France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa region.
· Lead the management of the claims and litigations portfolio of the Business Units and provide support for claims and litigations in the France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa region for other businesses.
· Assist as needed in M&A transactions, specifically in connection with due diligence and post-transaction integration insofar they relate to France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa region.
· Provide support to the contract managers allocated to the France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa region.
· Together with the Electrical Business Counsel and the other attorneys supporting the Electrical Sector in EMEA, support legal strategies for the entire Electrical Sector in EMEA.
· Lead one or more departmental projects and work closely together with other EMEA Law Department attorneys to complete/implement the(se) project(s).
· Develop and deploy training programs for business leaders, sales personnel, and other functional leaders on key legal topics for the France, Italy, Southern Europe and North Africa markets.
Do you have / Are you?
· Master in Law Degree in a European jurisdiction, with a strong preference for France.
· Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience with relevant experience in industrial practice.
· Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to interface with all levels of management.
· High degree of initiative, creativity, dynamism and an impressive professional presence.
· Team player, with the ability to evolve in an international environment, to develop and maintain close working relationships with clients in the EMEA operations, Law Department colleagues in EMEA, WHQ and other geographies, and colleagues in other corporate functions.
· Capable of establishing and achieving stretch goals, of thinking and acting strategically and of getting excellent results
· Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
· Role model in terms of professional behavior and business ethics.
· Excellent knowledge of commercial, corporate, labor, litigation and regulatory laws, with a focus on France and Italy but ideally European-wide.
· Italian is a plus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time