Regional Employee Engagement Specialist
Eaton is currently seeking a Regional Employee Engagement Specialist to support our Power Systems Division. This position will be located in Waukesha, WI.
We are looking for a leader that wakes up every day thinking about how we can better engage and communicate with our current and future manufacturing employees across five manufacturing sites in Wisconsin and serve as a subject matter expert resource for our plants’ HR and leadership teams. This role is critical to attract and retain top talent, as well as help us be the Employer of Choice where we do business, all with the primary goal of making sure that every employee views Eaton as a destination for a long and satisfying career. This leader will create and drive strategies & actions to assist our business in achieving Eaton’s aspirational goals of:
• Making work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees
• Making our communities stronger
• Ensuring the safety, health and wellness of our employees
• Being a model of inclusion and diversity in our industry
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be the engagement & communications expert working for and with our leadership teams and manufacturing employees. With more than 1,500 PSD employees in Wisconsin, we need you to bring your best ideas to create & deliver meaningful content, robust change management, and communication strategies. Eaton is a great place to work – help us get the word out! You will be:
- You will be an expert on employee listening mechanisms and action planning including evaluating employee feedback
- You will be a creator of high-quality content, across all internal digital and printed channels
- You will be a partner working closely with each site’s leadership team and HR Manager to create a robust communication strategy and plan on an annual basis, or more frequent
- You will be a developer of engagement and recognition programs, and a contributor to other key engagement initiatives
- You will be an organizer of people and resources to channel our focus and attention on what matters most to our employees
- You will be an important voice for employee engagement and communications strategy to best support for our manufacturing employees
- You will be an expert at external and internal employment & company branding
- You will be working cross functionally with multiple levels in the organization including manufacturing locations, Internal Communications, Human Resources, Employee & Labor Relations, Community Involvement, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management Organizational Effectiveness to promote a culture that values the engagement of every individual.
- You will tackle other projects as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications, human resources, marketing, research design, or business administration
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis now and in the future.
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications, human resources, marketing, research design, or business administration
- Prior experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing facility
- Prior experience working in a matrix organization
- Prior experience partnering with Wisconsin based organizations and media
- Current knowledge of best practice communication methodologies and technology tools
- Demonstrated capability to analyze all inputs from the myriad of Employee Listening mechanisms including the employee survey
- Demonstrated ability to lead communications and change management for large, complex business changes
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capability in using advanced excel and the ability to tell a story with data
- Superior written and oral communications skills are critical and foundational to the role
- High degree of political savvy and ability to collaborate cross functionally, in a matrix organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time