Lead Product Engineer
Perform and Lead product design engineering for Eaton’s Low Voltage Industrial Circuit Breaker product lines. Develop innovative new products to drive business growth and ensure trouble-free launches. Ensure function and drive performance margin and design robustness of Molded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB) global products. Responsibilities also include working with agencies to maintain third party certifications, compliance with standards & functional requirements, resolution of product quality issues, enhancements to improve existing products, validating & approving changes in design or manufacturing, validating & approving cost reductions (VA/VE), and addressing customer application questions and issues. The position interfaces with the manufacturing teams, product line marketing and quality departments, and our internal and external customers. The individual will develop and transfer knowledge of products and technology, and skills in design, simulation, testing, quality and analysis. The position will include managing engineering projects in cross-functional project teams from inception through validation and production implementation, as well as design ownership responsibility for assigned products.
- Identify and develop product requirements and lead team-based product design, development, validation and problem solving. Create and maintain design documentation and control drawing & bill-of-material revisions using Engineering Change Orders in the product data management system. Lead designers and technicians. Learn Eaton’s stage-gate new product development system and facilitate PROLaunch projects.
- Apply engineering theory to optimize designs and enhance performance margin. Maintain compliance and drive product design robustness. Address third-party testing non-conformances and identify & implement design & specification improvements to prevent non-conformances which disrupt product delivery.
- Lead technical problem solving and root cause analysis, interpret specifications, evaluate deviations, and provide technical leadership to Manufacturing and Quality in order to support production.
- Drive the application of statistical quality tools to design tests, analyze data, establish baselines, and measure performance and reliability of designs.
- Develop and leverage component & system level computer modelling & simulations to evaluate and improve designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience working in electromechanical component or systems design
- Proficiency with Six-Sigma quality tools
- Advanced knowledge of product design for cost-effective manufacture, working knowledge of regulatory standards.
- Experience with engineering computer applications. Pro/Engineer Creo, and computer-based simulation modeling (static stress, thermal, kinematics/dynamics, tolerance, etc.).
- Cross-functional teamwork, leadership and advanced written & verbal communication skills. Effective project management.
- Methodical mechanical problem solver. Fundamentals of electricity.
- Understanding of product requirements and performance margins. Advanced system, product & component design.
- Laboratory and shop skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time