Sr Machining Maintenance Engineer
- Develop and implement manufacturing and maintenance processes for new products and continuous improvement.
• Experience in machining and grinding operations
• FANUC, SIEMENS & Allen Bradley programming & troubleshooting
• Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including; motors, variable frequency drives, soft starts, sensors, PLC's, conveyor systems, pumps, piping, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, drives (belt, chain, and gear), CNC lathes (spindles, linear ways, gibbed box ways, ball-screws and nuts, couplings), CNC machining centers, and industrial robots.
• Maintenance management (Preventive, Predictive, Corrective, Autonomous), conducting periodic maintenance checks, planning equipment upgrades and machine modifications, troubleshooting, identifying faults, investigating downtime and monitoring the performance of equipment after repairs
• Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture. Incorporate Safety into 5s activities.
• Accountable in Production’s metrics & goal achievement, comply with all applicable Safety, Quality, EHS & HR policies and procedures.
• Drive efforts for continuous improvement and cost saving, mainly through Corrective maintenance reduction and oil management
• Ensure CNC machine centers spare parts complies with the required standards with the max /min inventory.
• Keep record and maintain all spare parts list and technical information for Machining Operations
• Support the training in order to develop technicians or operators as required.
• Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic or Maintenance Engineering required .
5 years in automotive industry, machining and grinding operations preferred.
- English language at a conversational level required, and good technical reading
- Strong leadership and motivational ability to lead a technical workforce (7-15) direct reports (maintenance technician), needs to have led technicians for a least 1 year
- Knowledge of machine functions (electrical diagram interpretation and creation, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical operations)
- Results orientated, ability to work well under pressure, Relevant technical knowledge, Problem-solving skills, Efficiency and organization, team working skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time