Assembly Technician- 3rd Shift
- You will read and use routing sheets, ATS specifications, and assembly/test instructions and booklets to properly assemble and test hydraulic motors. Use routing sheets, operating instructions, and surface appearance templates to properly assemble gerolers/geroters.
- You will properly select and assemble a variety of parts involving the pressing of bearings, fitting and alignment of shafts, seating seals, spacers, and retainers.
- You will visually inspect parts for defects and adjust/ align parts for proper fit as needed.
- You will perform supportive maintenance duties such as, but not limited to, Bearing Press oil and filter checks.
- You will properly use and maintain all gauging and assembly equipment.
- You will move materials, as necessary, using forklift or other material-handling devices.
- You will perform cell housekeeping duties on each shift along with provisional standards meeting 5-S requirements.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered
- Minimum of 6 months maintenance or assembly experience
- Vocational program certification or Associate’s Degree in industrial manufacturing or a similar field
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents such as operating instructions, dimensional sheets and/or blueprints (including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
- Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of assembly terminology
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day, occasionally up to 12 hours per day.
- Vision to accurately read all necessary production documents and computer monitor screens.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds frequently and occasionally 50 pounds or more (* essential: lift 30 lbs regularly, not above shoulder height, to the extent that limited jobs with this requirement exist).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No