Eaton’s Hydraulic Fluid Filtration division is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing innovative products and solutions for the Filtration portfolio. You will work on leading edge product development and will focus heavily on expansion of intelligent filtration solutions to generate more value for our customers. You will be working directly with customers to understand their applications, develop technical hypothesis, and implementation of prototypes that validate value propositions. In this role, you will be responsible for commercializing these products by defining requirements, hardware designs, algorithms, test plans, and performing validation testing to meet those requirements. In this role you will be responsible to structure development, resources, and timing to achieve the desired results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop advanced Filtration solutions/products leveraging sensors, embedded controls, PLCs, and/or remote monitoring capabilities
- You will provide technical leadership for projects incorporating complex electromechanical (“Mechatronic”) systems and effectively integrates all aspects of system design through the use of multi-disciplinary engineering
- You will work with Sales and Product Management in developing early target and lead customers for projects, reporting on progress of projects and identify critical issues that need to be addressed and working with Eaton’s center of excellent to utilize standard tools and leverage best practices
- You will develop relevant value propositions for new Filtration products and solutions by monitoring new technologies, industry trends and standards, and government regulations to help develop strategies to create new products, to introduce complementary products, or to upgrade current products
- You will provide application engineering support ranging from assessing the viability of product concepts for intelligence to optimizing the concepts to exploit the full potential of connected solutions
- You will implement data acquisition, sensors, and control systems in order to understand and creates system and subsystem specifications and analyze process and filter data derived from testing and customer applications to investigate, identify, and develop next generation products
- You will engage with Eaton phase-gate development process (PreLaunch and ProLaunch) by meeting metric deliverables and generate new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of related design experience in development and implementation of mechatronic systems
- Relocation is not available for this position. The candidate must presently reside within a 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience developing and applying control algorithms for electromechanical systems
- Experience using PLCs (i.e. Allen-Bradley, Eaton, Siemens, etc.)
- Prior experience working in the industrial space (i.e. filtration, hydraulics, aerospace, automotive, oil & energy, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time