Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. The position is located at the Los Angeles, CA Facility.
This position will be responsible for providing technical support and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles in a production environment. Addressing technical issues through a problem-solving framework with a focus on root cause, containment, and long-term solutions, establish processes, tooling and equipment to support the production of the fluid controls and actuation product line.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will implement Lean Manufacturing principles and utilize Six Sigma methodologies to develop and maintain robust manufacturing processes to increase productivity, reduce variation, and eliminate waste.
You will utilize technical skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to product non-conformance and performance test failures for hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical products. Work with manager to resolve complex issues.
You will lead root cause and correction action for manufacturing issues by utilizing problem solving tools such as 8D analysis and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEAs).
You will identify, analyze, and implement cost reduction and productivity improvement projects in a production environment.
You will Serve as a technical focal point to operators, team leaders, and other engineers. Serve as a technical contact with internal and external customers, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, product support, material, and suppliers insuring their satisfaction.
You will develop process plans, fixtures, and tooling in support of Continuous Improvement Processes. You will also research, recommend, and execute capital equipment projects.
You will ensure processes meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) & regulatory requirements
You will analyze data from OEM returned products and implement improvements to increase the processing yield and quality of the components, minimizing the number of returned units.
You will analyze data from mechanical components to implement improvements to increase the productivity of the components, minimizing the assembly and test cycle times.
You will provide technical expertise on hydraulic and pneumatic products with emphasis on productivity and first-time pass.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- echanical, electrical roducibilalysis (ment to support the production of the fluid controls and actuation product line.ving youEaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Experience with working on cross-functional teams.
- Good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with computer-based methods and tools.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team to execute projects and ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with assembly and test operations of hydraulic, pneumatic, or electro-mechanical products
- Familiarity/experience with Six Sigma & Problem-Solving methodologies
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen or other Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Previous aerospace experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time