Mechanical Design Expert #065996
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Mechanical Design Expert in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The Mechanical Design Expert will develop packaging and thermal management solutions for our next generation power electronics and circuit protection systems in electric vehicles.
- You will lead mechanical packaging solutions for printed circuit boards and other electrical components into eMobility products
- You will drive and participate in requirements evaluation, design reviews and other team development processes.
- You will ensure Eaton stays abreast of new and emerging technologies and materials and using CAD tools to design and evaluate product integrity in order to facilitate rapid deployment.
- You will generate (when necessary) the product requirements specification from the Voice of Customer (VOC) input.
- You will follow the product spec, design, and development of new and innovative products.
- You will investigate and evaluate new materials and their appropriate use within our product line.
- You will review and conduct computer-based FEA & FMEA analysis on new products to ensure their integrity and use the results to modify designs.
If you have:
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in new product development of electronic packaging.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with aluminum die casting design.
- Experience with power conversion and power distribution.
- Ability to utilize Design for Six Sigma tools.
- Desire to mentor other, as well as be a project lead.
- Experience in injection molded plastics design
- GD&T experience
- Experience packaging Printed Circuit Boards
- Stamped busbar and electrical contact system design
- Experience within passenger car markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required.
- Experience with Solid Works, ProE, NX, Unigraphix, CATIA
- Experience with mechanical design analysis using Solid Works Simulation, ANSYS, etc.
- Experience with DFx practices: Manufacturing, Test, Repair, Quality.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time