Lead Mechanical Project Engineer-eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR facility. Relocation is available.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer to join our dynamic, New Product Introduction team. This position takes ownership of designing hybrid electric and electric vehicle power management solutions by leading cross-functional, global teams and collaborating across the organization. This position is located in Tualatin, Oregon – 20 minutes south of downtown Portland in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the most challenging technical projects in a self-directed manner, independently perform assignments with minimal guidance, and understand the business impact of your decisions.
- You will take a systems approach to establishing product requirements, managing risk, testing/evaluating, and ensuring reliability while collaborating cross-functionally to assure successful product/system development, design and implementation.
- You will identify market trends and develop product technology strategies to satisfy the future needs of our customers, while driving profitable business growth.
- You will prepare new project estimates and possess the ability to generate the scope, effort, schedule, risks, product cost, and program costs.
- You will develop and launch new innovative products, using the Eaton PROLaunch stage-gate process, on time, on budget, and to project scope.
- You will complete appropriate technical documentation for your designs including CAD designs, analysis documentation, manufacturing drawings, BOMs, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, assembly documents, and users manuals.
- You will establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
- You will lead department growth initiatives, establish efficient processes, bring in new tools, and mentor other engineers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years design experience for systems and components using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ProE, and/or other CAD design tools.
- Minimum of 2 years Engineering Project Leadership experience(can be direct supervisor or functional leadership) with a product development team required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- 3 or more years new product development, in electrical and electromechanical systems preferred.
- Experience designing electromechanical products with printed circuit board assemblies in transportation vehicle environments preferred
- Experience leading and supervising engineering activities in a global product development team preferred
- Experience preparing and presenting technical documentation in internal and customer facing design reviews preferred
- Experienced with current GD&T Drafting practices
- Experience using SolidWorks Simulation, Ansys, or other simulation tools preferred
- Design for Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Ability to research and design within transportation industry standards (SAE, ISO, MIL, TS16949, IATF)
- Expert in designing injection mold plastic components preferred
- Expert in designing copper stamping components preferred
- Expert in designing cast aluminum components preferred
- Expert in metal finish / plating for electrical contact systems preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- A high degree of entrepreneurial spirit, mechanical aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and materials to designs
- Proven track record of developing products from design to launch with OEM customers
- Familiarity with environmental requirements and related qualification testing
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time