Inside Sales Engineer
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization located in Menomonee Falls, WI has an opening for an Inside Sales Engineer. This opportunity provides relocation and the qualified candidate is required to relocate and live within a 50 mile radius of Menomonee, WI.
The inside sales engineer is to act as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management of power distribution, power protection, and power equipment maintenance; including electrical solutions from complex custom industrial and commercial assembly applications to residential components. Serve the needs of many customer market segments including: Machinery OEM's, Panel Builder & Electrical OEM's.
The primary functions include; accurate and timely plan and specification interpretation, quotation and technical support; communication with customers, warehouse and plants to facilitate problem resolution; proactive identification of sales potential and follow up to secure orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications. Determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation;
- You will proactively facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution
- You will coordinate warranty and non-warranty repairs and returns, which include shipping issues or service requests
- You will project manage small to medium projects on as needed basis
- You will establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines strategic plans for sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Previous exposure within electrical industry, preferably a distributor, OEM or industrial facilities from school or work experience
Experience or exposure to a manufacturing organization
One year of experience using ERP and quotation systems strongly preferred
- Electrical experience with low to medium voltage Systems
- Commercial experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time