Supply Chain Management Intern
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Management Intern to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
The primary function of this position is to support the materials team in both tactical and strategic activities. This is a 12 week assignment divided into 3-4 week periods working in procurement, scheduling, and warehousing. In addition, the candidate will focus on developing work instructions and lead at least 1 cost out project.
Review and resolve direct and indirect material concerns
Support the team in maintaining “High 5” metrics
Lead and implement cost out projects.
Work cross functionally to address gaps in production needs
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
- Must be actively enrolled and pursuing a B.S. degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- Must be within 1 year of completion of degree
- Must be eligible to work in the United States on a continual basis without company sponsorship
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have knowledge of ERP systems
- Must be comfortable analyzing data to drive decision making
- Strong communication skills
- This position is local and is intended to provide opportunity for University of Nebraska at Kearney students or students of other university from the local area to gain on- the-job applicable experience in their degree.
- Requires the use of detailed planning and scheduling techniques to meet various deadlines.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with the organization.
- Willingness to spend a lot of time on the production floor and strictly follow all safety requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No