Sr. Materials Planning Analyst
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Materials Analyst to join our team! This position is based at our Charleston, SC facility. The Senior Materials Analyst will be responsible for materials planning, scheduling, and work order release activities associated with the delivery of specific customer orders. Plans and coordinates receipt and inventory of material to ensue on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Manages the inventory and production plan for a given product group to optimize and meet plant goals. In addition, perform the effective procurement of a wide variety of direct materials ensuring that quality, delivery, and specification requirements are met at the lowest possible total cost.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will balance current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure on-time completion of customer requirements.
- You will plan and release work orders as required to meet customer orders while maintaining optimum lead time and inventory level.
- You will initiate required documentation and system transactions to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required.
- You will drive shortage meetings with a cross functional team and expedites material where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- You will analyze data including MRP/ERP information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
- You will maintain planning parameters per established ERP/MRP procedures to ensure proper order generation.
- You will identify material cost and schedules impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
- You will analyze and manage inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals.
- You will support cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- You will lead by example in the tasks required to meet departmental requirements. Assist in the training and development of personnel in the department and serve as primary back up to the team leader.
- You will manage Purchase price variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to provide a positive impact to overall results
- You will initiate quoting activity, evaluate supplier proposals, and negotiate price and delivery based on total cost of ownership and ensuring alignment with corporate and local goals and objectives.
- You will lead commercial negotiations with suppliers seeking mutually beneficial long term relationships.
- You will participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions, drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
- You will facilitate the implementation of goals and objectives between corporate commodity management and the facility SCM team.
- You will maintain records and correspondence relative to quotations, purchase orders, contracts, and agreements and assist with resolving supplier A/P issues.
- You will comply with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Basic (Must Have) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Mgmt., Operations Mgmt., Business Admin, or Engineering
- Minimum 1 year experience in purchasing, production planning, or supply chain management
- The position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be US Persons as defined by ITAR (US citizen, US permanent resident, Political Asylee, Refugee)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in purchasing/production planning/supply chain management
- APICS Certification
- Manufacturing experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time