IT Senior Industry 4.0 Project Manager
Eaton Corporation’s Information Technology team is seeking a Principal Project Manager to join our Product Operations Center of Excellence (PROCOE) Project Management Office (PMO) team. This role is based in Beachwood, OH.
The Principal Project Manager will you will lead large enterprise/regional transformational projects that impact Eaton’s engineering and manufacturing functions. You will also plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met. The Principal PM will partner with Resource Managers to staff projects and clearly articulate project team roles – both functional and technical. This person will also be responsible for developing and managing detailed project plans (with clear critical path) and budgets. The Principal PM will manage the scope/requirements and ensure all agreed to deliverables are met while mitigating risks through robust plans, and also be responsible for organizational communication, training, adoption and change management. Vendor management is essential.
- Provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Work with customers and technical resources in developing project plans, work breakdown structures, critical path and detailed costs.
- Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Develop communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives, mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders globally
- Drive process changes and organization change management
- Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Monitor and report on schedule and budget variances
- Ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
- Manage third party suppliers.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years leading major enterprise IT system implementations, preferably SAP/Oracle ERP, Enovia PLM or manufacturing shop floor transformations, in large, multi-national organizations.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Level of Risk & Ambiguity
- Scope can be moderate to significantly ambiguous (significant capability or breakthrough technology and/or business processes that the operating group or function have not done before).
- May have enterprise-wide or overall Sector impact
Level of Analysis & Business Acumen
- Advanced understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing functions
- Advanced understanding of organizational structure (business and IT)
Level of Systems and IT Knowledge
- Advanced to SME understanding of some of Eaton or prior company key PLM and manufacturing application(s) and IT Infrastructure.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
- PMP certified
- Advanced functional and application knowledge with SAP/Oracle ERP and/or Engineering applications (Enovia & CAD) and/or shop floor applications (MES, OEE, Quality)
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This position is based in our Beachwood, OH location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time