Eaton’s Power Motion Control Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC (795 W Alexander Ave) facility.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for directing departmental activities and initiating/participating in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business. You will be responsible for encouraging employee engagement while fostering a secure, safe and healthy workplace environment where employees achieve their full potential and make exceptional contributions. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be a member of the Greenwood Manufacturing Leadership Team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a business partner by initiating and continuously managing improvements to one or more of the following – (1) direct manufacturing processes (ie: machining, assembly), (2) indirect manufacturing support processes (ie: shipping, material handling, cycle counting), and (3) manufacturing systems to maximize quality and production through the Eaton Business System (EBS).
- You will schedule and commit the work load to meet all customer needs to the most effective manner. Coordinate resources with other co-workers including maintenance, materials, scheduling, logistics and engineering to resolve manufacturing and manufacturing support issues.
- You will promote a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvements and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards. Maintain and improve the quality and effectiveness of the department’s methods/processes.
- You will clearly communicate expectations and consistently holding self and employees accountable for performance. Effectively confronts employee performance and behavioral issues. Communicate with the department’s employees on subjects relating to policy problem resolution, department objectives and quality issues. Create and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- You will actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develop and maintain performance metrics as required to monitor results and use those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area.
- You will lead productivity improvements through the use of lean tools, working closely with our operational excellence and engineering teams. You will be responsible for holding dotted line reports accountable through tier 2 meetings and daily accountability tracking.
- You will manage payroll, attendance, performance reviews and other administrative needs in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will align workforce to the company vision through Eaton Philosophy workplace practices and beliefs that build trust, mutual respect and teamwork between employees at all levels of the organization. Establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton's Values, Ethics, and Philosophies. Drive the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies.
- You will proactively implement, promote, and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and adherence to plant safety policies and encouraging employees to follow sound safety practices. Ensures that employees have the necessary skills, knowledge, information, and tools to do their jobs safely and effectively. Promote positive and productive workplace environment that insures a company represented workforce. You will maintain and develop the staffing/personnel strategy for the department.
- You will Develop,
motivate and coach team members. Act as a champion for development planning,
succession planning and goal setting for direct reports. Challenges direct
reports to “Raise the Bar”. Motivate and coach employees to maintain
high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality through effectively
utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote
desired behaviors and results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a manufacturing management, operations management or supply chain management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefit is not being offered for this position; candidates must reside within 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing, or Engineering is preferred.
- Previous experience in manufacturing management or operations excellence.
- Previous management experience including supervising manufacturing employees.
- APICS certification.
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people.
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time