Solution Application Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical has an opening for an:
Solution Application Engineer
Hiring Location: Padova
Work location: Northest Italy
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services.
As Solution Architect & Customer Driven Innovation Engineer, you will be a role model in the Sales Organization while being a ”Hunter” to drive growth opportunities in the customer portfolio, the identification of new customers or the business expansion by existing customers in cooperation with Marketing, CSO and the regional sales teams by generating new business with disruptive solutions with the full Eaton EL & HYD product basket (ICPD, PDCD, PMC).
Your main objective is, together with the CSO, to implement and drive new growth opportunities in the MOEM and System/Solution Partner Market. The goal is to achieve the full standardization on the Eaton architecture and generate continuous growth and flow business.
A close cooperation to all ICPD product lines, ICPD Engineering, PDD and Hydraulics and Solution Partner Network is required.
You will be responsible for filling the sales funnel with the right potential key customers and will be measured by sales growth to previous year in his dedicated segment / region.
Your key deliverables:
· Generate together with CSO, BD, PL’s, Solution Partners and external Hunters new customers in industrial automation; expand today’s business by existing customers, focus disruptive concepts with customized and standard products combined in applications and solutions by pushing the full Eaton basket (ICPD, ES, HYD and technology partners)
· Drive the Customer Driven Innovation and Ideation process to support filling the product and technology funnel based on innovation tools like Solution Blitz, Design Burst, Innovation Summit, Innovation Hub and proof of concepts together with lead customers managing responsibilities within the assigned team’s, develop and continuously improve organizational capabilities of the team by applying the Eaton competency model
· Gather innovation, technology and customer needs, share those with the product lines and the Engineering organization and proposes specific strategies
· Investigate, with Market Intelligence team, customer opportunities for standardization, focus on application which can be repeatable.
· Strong contribution to the ICPD-MOEM Solution Center strategy process. Seeing ahead future possibilities and develop strategies out of this.
· Drive for results while creating and fostering a safe work environment and living the EBS
· Demonstrate Eaton’s values and philosophy with every action and every decision in combination of recognizing the value of different perspectives and culture for the ICPD- Business Development organization
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering / electronic / mechatronic / systems engineering
· No less than 10 years’ work-experience in Electric/Electronic sector in the industrial field
· Special know-how of Machine OEM Solution Sales, Applications, Automation (e.g. CODESYS), electromechanical and electronic motor control and software application development, understanding of Hydraulic solutions and requirements for integration with electrical control architecture.
· Experience in collaboration with distributed “virtual“ teams at different international locations
· Business Acumen, familiarity with P&L, cost estimation, pricing and commercial terms, etc.
· Problem solving skills
· Proven ability to learn the big product portfolio range cross Eaton´s MOEM Control Architecture
· Italian mother tongue, fluently English (oral and written). Additional language preferred (German,French)
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time