Senior Engineer - Certification
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 065943
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is position will have the responsibility of compliance testing/certification of Power Distribution & Control equipment and/or Cable glands/fittings to UL, CSA, IECEx or ATEX requirements. This will include understanding of electrical/mechanical engineering principles and international regulatory standards. This position will work closely with the Program Manager, Certification Manager, Marketing Manager, Mechanical/Hardware Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to certify the products in an organized and expedient fashion. The Certification engineer will be responsible for meeting the overall project schedule and budget.
- Thorough understanding of product design & development lifecycle of preferably Power Distribution & Control equipment and/or cable glands/fittings
- Works in conjunction with remote engineering and internal resources to create the certification project timeline as well as define deliverables and drive to completion.
- Should act as "go-to" person for interpretation / application of safety standard(s) clauses
- Support design team during concept development, detailed design and validation phase
- Generate Construction Review Document (CRD) and Design Validation
Plan and Report (DVP&R) in collaboration with product engineering team
Coordinate product testing at internal and external locations
- Request for quote and open projects with agencies by negotiating the timeline and cost wherever applicable
- Understanding of standards, codes, directives followed at different governed locations – NEC/CEC, IEC/ATEX
- Possess knowledge of Hazardous area classifications and applications (desired)
- Collaborate with Program Manager and other team members in supporting project status updates and gate reviews defined in the PRO-Launch process.
- Communicate effectively with diversified cross functional global teams
If you are:
5-7 years of product design experience with Bachelor’s Degree in
Mechanical/Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution,
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with and demonstrated proficiency in Product Testing and Certification,
• Basic understanding of electrical/mechanical engineering principles,
• Fluent with all regulatory (UL, CSA, IEC, EN, CE, etc.) aspects of Industrial control panels, Panelboards and/or Cable glands and Fittings,
• Formulate appropriate test/sample plans based on product ratings and requirements. Analyze test data to determine compliance with applicable requirements of standards,
• Familiarity with Hazardous Location products will be an added advantage,
• Interface with product engineering team, laboratory technicians and certification agencies on any certification related activities
• Must be capable of making technical judgments on product problems and be able to recommend preferred /suitable solutions
• Initiate and handle certification projects independently with agencies
• Ensure quality & timely delivery of the projects in collaboration with program management and engineering teams
• Coordinate the testing programs with lab and agencies
• Prepare test reports and other related certification documentation
• Review/Finalize descriptive reports with agencies and receive Certificate of Compliance
• Ability to operate complex processes in a system-mediated environment.
• Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to customers, and technical staff.
• Effective collaboration with multiple global stakeholders
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time