Deputy Manager - Sourcing
Job Title Engineer-Deputy Manager-Sourcing #65900
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Deputy Manager-Sourcing in Eaton’s Supply Chain Management Shared Services, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
- Communicates with the Supply Chain teams globally regarding opportunities that will satisfy Eaton requirements and commodity strategies. Develop an in-depth understanding of Eaton requirements to constantly identify and recommend appropriate suppliers for LCC sourcing projects.
- Facilitate communication with potential suppliers for RFQ process, and assist Eaton operations to analyze and validate quotes or proposals from suppliers.
- Generate the cost out through Market bench marking, IDEAS, VAVE
- Conduct Zero based / should be costing and help Eaton’s operational business units to negotiate competitive rates and other commercial terms with supplier.
- Perform basic supplier audits and assessment in order to assess capability and fit to Eaton Corporations specific needs and requirements.
- Coordinate and partner with internal functional groups (for example, Engineering, Quality etc. ) and preferred suppliers, to identify target costing, project criteria, as well as supplier criteria to help build a robust supplier partnership and supply chain.
- Applies appropriate technology and project management concepts to effectively manage complex sourcing projects.
- Participates in cross-functional teams involving the suppliers and Eaton functions to run APQP/ PPAP/ FAI, and implement sourcing projects post award.
- Help in defining and implementing supplier development activities.
- Interface between the suppliers in the country / region of activity and Eaton operations in the USA, Europe,& Brazil to ensure that engineering and manufacturing quality and compliance with Eaton required standards is assured.
- University graduate or equivalent in Production, , Manufacturing engineering, or electrical / electronic engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of world-class quality techniques such as: SPC, DOE, QFD, Kaizen, 8-D, APQP, PPAP, TPM, 6 Sigma
- Solid understanding of ISO9000, QS9000, VDA6.1, TS16949 and Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma belt status a plus
- Good knowledge of various manufacturing processes and appropriate supply base.
- Good knowledge of Costing / Process Cost
- Good negotiation skills
- Minimum of 8 years working experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment (Automotive, Hydraulic, or Electrical Control field is a plus)
- 2 –3 years relevant experience either in supplier development, Purchasing especially where implementing purchase projects.
- Good project management and communication skills.
- Proficient PC knowledge on MS office applications, MS Project is a plus.
- Experience &/or quality auditor recognition or a certified quality engineer a plus.
- A sound understanding and appreciation of the political, economic and commercial environment.
- Good understanding of the types of commodities that India can competitively export to USA and Western Europe.
- Experience in supporting USA or European facilities for sourcing from India, including the co-ordination with divisional commodity managers and product engineers in the USA or Europe, and supporting commercial supplier negotiations.
- Experience in managing suppliers for continuous improvement.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: SCM Supply Chain Management Function
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time