Distribution Center Supervisor
Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Distribution Center Supervisor (First Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
The Distribution Center Supervisor leads a department of warehouse associates in executing Eaton’s high five metrics: safety, quality, delivery, cost and productivity. The supervisor will be the role model for demonstrating Eaton’s culture while managing the team.
The Distribution Center Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records. There will be people management responsibilities including hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including: Filling and shipping customer orders, satisfying internal shipping requirements (technical service, vendors, etc.), ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming material and routing to appropriate area or personnel, filling work orders from production, packaging assemblies and receiving into finished goods, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- You will measure and report the effectiveness of the department activities.
- You will develop and maintain departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- You will establish or adjust work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- You will interpret company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- You will recommend measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- You will continuously improve warehouse operations through the use of lean enterprise practices.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in distribution, logistics, warehouse, or manufacturing.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of list locations will be considered for this position.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Lean/six sigma certification.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Manager of people experience.
Position Success Criteria:
- Adheres to and promotes department safety guidelines in support of Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of effectively managing teams.
- Ability to communicate and make presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily requirements.
- Understanding of trucking manifests, packing lists, etc.
- Support quality actions and plans.
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a team.
- WMS and Distribution operations experience
- Ability to work within a fast-paced work environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No