Product Owner - Connected Buildings
Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Product Owner – Connected Buildings to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Product Owner for Eaton’s connected building’s “Edge Controller” will work with partners, customers, platform managers and other internal stakeholders to gather the requirements and drive the development for the universal controller aligned with the Connected Building strategy.
The Product Owner will work directly with product managers/business analyst that will define the products requirements and guide their day through all phases of product life cycle, from ideation and product specification through development.
In this role, you will further work hand in hand with the controller scrum teams and system engineering teams to ensure prioritization of features is clear, concise and that associated epics and user stories are properly groomed and vetted prior to development.
Crucial to the role is a deep knowledge of system requirements, working knowledge of Agile software development methodology and successful experience developing Eaton’s edge platform for the commercial building market in a fast-paced environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop a consensus with platform managers on new product requirements and definition of “done”.
- You will assure new controller initiatives offer clear competitive advantage for current and future businesses.
- You will strategically assess and successfully manage the inevitable conflict of competing requirements for the controller platform.
- You will coordinate directly with the product owner(s) for Enterprise Software (LXI) and mobile to ensure synchronous rollout of feature enhancements, updates, and upgrades.
- You will be externally focused to ensure the platform is architected in a manner to respond to solution, customer and ecosystem partner changes.
- You will identify technology gaps and make build/buy/partner decisions to fill those gaps.
- You will provide a vision of what he or she wishes to build and convey that vision to the scrum team.
- You will prioritize the product backlog during the sprint planning meeting.
- You will exhibit business savviness and strong communication skills and maintain active engagement with the teams.
- You will understand the market, the customer and the business in order to make sound decisions.
- You will work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization and beyond and communicate different messages to different people about the project at any given time.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product development or product management
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Peachtree City, GA location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of enterprise software development and/or product management experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with an agile software development work environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and products
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time