Systems Engineering Specialist-eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Systems Engineering Specialist-eMobility to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR or Southfield, MI facility. Relocation is available.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Specialist Electric Vehicle Systems Engineer to join our dynamic, New Product Introduction team. This position takes ownership of designing hybrid electric and electric vehicle power management solutions by leading cross-functional, global teams and collaborating across the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will define and lead the most challenging technical projects in a self-directed manner, perform challenging assignments with minimal guidance, understand the business impact of your decisions, and mentor other engineers.
- You will be the global project lead for eMobility Power Distribution and Protection products, responsible for developing customer solutions, scoping programs, and defining engineering resources necessary
- You are knowledgeable in hybrid and electric vehicle systems, and work with customers to provide
- innovative and valuable system, subsystem, and component level solutions to their vehicle challenges.
- You develop, negotiate, and manage specifications and product requirements based on OEM and Eaton design team input
- You will possess proficiency with vehicle-performance tests, you have skills/knowledge in application & integration engineering, and you are capable of analysing data to assess the best customer-oriented solution and compliance to requirements
- You will guide engineering test and calibration activities, at the customer location when appropriate
- You will problem solve issues at OEM Engineering locations / plants, end users, and suppliers, for production and new product developments in a timely way; utilising root-cause analysis and proposing solutions.
- You will develop working relationships with comparable levels of OEM engineering staff and other associated areas within the OEM.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product development of electronic and/or electromechanical systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- Experience with System Engineering tools such as IBM Jazz Suite
- Experience of vehicle CAN buses and analysis tools such as CANalyzer / CANape
- Experience with high voltage automotive systems
- Experience with high voltage electric motors and battery systems in automotive applications
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Relentlessly improve your technical and interpersonal skills, and you thrive on the successful development of products that change how power is managed in electric vehicles
- Strong communication skills with ability to interface directly with external partners, suppliers, and both internal and external customers.
- Technical leadership experience on product development programs
- Basic understanding of electric vehicle drivetrain/powertrain systems
- Hands-on vehicle based skills & experience (Mechanical and/or electrical)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time