Senior Electrical Engineer-eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer-eMobility to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR facility. Relocation is available.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join our dynamic, New Product Introduction team. This position takes ownership of designing hybrid electric and electric vehicle power management solutions by leading cross-functional, global teams and collaborating across the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the most challenging technical designs in a self-directed manner, independently perform assignments with minimal guidance, and understand the business impact of your decisions.
- You will take a systems approach to establishing product requirements, managing risk, testing/evaluating, and ensuring reliability while collaborating cross-functionally to assure successful product/system development, design and implementation.
- You will lead engineering activities for electronic circuit design and hardware development on high voltage automotive systems and products.
- You will prepare new project estimates and possess the ability to generate the scope, effort, schedule, risks, product cost, and program costs.
- You will develop and launch new innovative products, using the Eaton PROLaunch stage-gate process, on time, on budget, and to project scope.
- You will complete appropriate technical documentation for your designs including schematics, analysis documentation, PCB layouts, BOMs, DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, theory of operations documents, and users manuals.
- You will establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in product development of electronic and/or electromechanical systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical field required
- Electronic hardware design—power electronics, switch-mode power supplies, electrical transient protection schemes, design for EMC, etc.
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (SPICE, Simplis, Ansys) PCB layout and design
- Experience with C, C++, C# programming and embedded programming
- Experience with ST, Renesas, TI, Microchip, Atmel microprocessor families
- Experience with various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks).
- Understanding vehicle applications and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing
- Ability to plan, schedule, and execute development testing (scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both validation and production testing, writing procedures and reports)
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN, VCAN, FCAN, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing.
- Supporting manufacturing with part substitutions, obsolescence, and product cost reductions
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Keep abreast of new technologies and materials
- Good interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time