Director, Finance, Bussmann
The Finance Director is responsible for the finance function of the Bussmann Division and works collaboratively as part of the cross-functional division leadership team. The Bussmann division reports through the CPD business and is part of the Electrical Products Group. This role leads, directly or functionally, a team of approximately 25 finance team members with members in Juarez Mexico, Ellisville, MO, and LaGrange, NC.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: managing the activities of the finance function, internal and external reporting, forecasting, planning and compliance with all applicable financial reporting controls and requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, etc.), building organizational capability within the finance function, and providing leadership and direction to the operation and its leadership team in the pursuit of business goals and objectives.
In this role you will:
- Direct activity for accounting and finance activities.
- Provide business partnering and support to the division leadership team.
- Together with the finance team, lead processes for monthly results, rolling forecasts, profit plan and the strategic plan.
- Ensure that the business is meeting financial targets over both short and long term horizons.
- Communicate financial performance to the leadership team. Focus on performance to goals and identify areas for improvement and concern. Recognize strong performance and reward as applicable.
- Ensure that division is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations with regard to financial reporting and results; ensure Bussmann is in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley control requirement.
- Oversee administration of customer contracts and pricing
- Perform financial analysis as required to support business decisions regarding new product development, acquisitions, divestitures, pricing actions, make vs. buy decisions, etc.
Job Success Criteria:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts, including US GAAP, SOX
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems; preference for prior experience with SAP
- Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex, matrixed organization structure
Demonstrated success in: a) performance results, b) building high performance teams, c) working cross-functionally, and d) developing and retaining leaders
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration form an accredited university
At least 10 years’ experience in finance or accounting, with at least three years in manufacturing (i.e., Plant Controller)
At least 3 years’ experience managing people
MBA or Masters of Accounting or Finance
Experience managing multiple manufacturing facilities preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time