Application & Systems Engineering Specialist
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is currently seeking a Application and Systems Engineering Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility or from a remote home office.
Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for an Application & System Engineer for the Advanced Controls Business Unit. This team operates on the cutting edge of hydraulic systems, creating advanced system solutions for intelligent machines using hydraulics, electronics, controls, and software. This person may work from our HYD headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN or from a home office.
The Application & System Engineer will be responsible for developing advanced mechatronic solutions for customer applications and key internal platforms with advanced hydraulic components and controls. You will model, implement, evaluate, validate, and troubleshoot solutions in both the digital domain and physical demonstrators to ensure technical success. You will be responsible for development of production quality controls, fault handling, and documentation is required to ensure customer wants and needs are met during the commercialization process.
In this role, you will be recognized within Eaton and outside as an expert in advanced systems solutions. The job will require significant interface with internal Eaton customers and Eaton personnel in the global regions. You must have a proven track record of successful outcomes on mechatronics projects. While the position initially belongs to the Americas team of the Advance Controls Global Business Unit, the role includes potential coordination of activities related to functions or specific platforms on a Global level.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop hydraulic and control architectures and embedded code for advanced control systems that meet or exceed customer expectations relative to the level of maturity of the system.
- You will develop a comprehensive technical understanding of the portfolio and how it can be applied, taking the lead communicating the developments internally to other functions (ACE, Sales, PSM)
- You will assist in the development, implementation and execution of a regional OEM Sales strategy for customer management in order to drive profitable growth in targeted market segments with specific customer accounts.
- You will acquire & retain comprehensive knowledge of applicable platform systems, competitive positioning and competitor products
- You will proactively engage with the Eaton Sales Team, ACE/DMC, Distributors, and customers globally to promote and support the sale of portfolio products. Provide training and tools to empower regional teams to provide both commercial and technical support.
- You will gather, internalizes, translates, and documents customer input and requirements for projects and technologies
- You will guide subsystem or vehicle testing and integration activities for baseline testing and solution integration and commissioning.
- You will solve issues that arise during development with thorough and creative solutions. Produces intellectual property that is unique and innovative to the industry.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Application Engineering, Program Management or in a Technical Manager/Management role.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is NOT available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility or work from a home office.
- Technical knowledge of hydraulic principles and our Advanced Controls products is essential to effectively manage in this position. Must have a minimum of 7 years of hydraulic market knowledge.
- A comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business and served markets. Must have ability to understand and manage the complete Eaton channel strategy to assure Eaton’s market share and profit margins are maximized in the aftermarket.
- Communication and leadership skills required to influence, motivate and direct the activities of the sales team and others within the organization to achieve goals. The ability to work cross functionally and cross culturally, international business travel and working knowledge of valuation models/financial modeling.
- Multi-tasking skills are required due to the number of customer programs, issues and initiatives that may be occurring simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- identifying and propose new control features and/or control capabilities required for the next generation of machines and leverage product team for implementation.
- Identify trends impacting system designs and develops strategic recommendations to address them. Anticipates business drivers and uses these to proactively manage project priorities.
- Creates effective presentation material to communicate complex technical proposals and ideas (such as white papers, webinars, and publications). Recognized as a technical expert on multiple technologies and platforms.
- You will actively collaborate and engage with EATON R&D and other R&D institutions like Universities or Research Centers to develop Advance Controls solutions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time