Shipper/Receiver I (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Shipper/Receiver on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC. Facility.
The Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for sorting, checking, verifying, recording, examining and routing incoming and outgoing shipments. The incumbent will receive and Process all incoming and outgoing freight through resource management system
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention
and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright
professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us
- You will be accountable for pulling and processing orders according to pick sheets.
- You will use an RF scan gun to move and allocate material.
- You will be responsible for data entry for shipping and receiving functions.
- You will be responsible for preparing items for shipment by assembling containers, posting weights, and affixing proper postage and paperwork.
- You will process inbound and outbound transactions via order entry system.
- You will ensure proper order is loaded onto the appropriate truck.
- You will interface with shipping office, customer service, drivers, and carriers to ensure proper delivery.
- You will investigate material discrepancies
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- You will manage and coordinate required emergency shipments and customer requests during non-work hours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a logistics or warehouse environment
- Minimum of 1 year of forklift experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles of Raleigh NC to be considered.
- Knowledge of PRMS, Vista, Oracle
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Should be familiar with shipping documents, including bill of lading and packing slips
- Basic Computer Skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow procedures and written instructions.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime when needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Ability to focus on the task at hand and work under the stress of deadlines.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Ability to stand and/or bend frequently
- Working knowledge and experience with computers
- Must have good visual acuity.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No