Intern, Engineering (8 months)
Eaton Electrical is currently seeking a Intern to join our Engineering team for 8 months! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
This role supports the processes and department specific objectives at our facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Designing and reviewing layouts of switchgear models using Autodesk Inventor
- Assist in the construction of customized and prototype switch gear
- Convert 2D AutoCAD drawings into 3D Inventor models and drawings
- Create and update mechanical and assembly drawings
- Create and update manufacturing Bill of Materials
- Work on solving “form / fit” problems
- Process engineering change notices
- Work collaboratively in the implementation of new products
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a College or University program or completing educational work term requirement (co-op) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 18 years of age by May 1, 2019.
- Must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Strong knowledge of Inventor 2012 or later
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to read, interpret and generate assembly drawings
- Strong working knowledge of metal fabrication and manufacturing techniques
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Able to take initiative, with keen attention to detail
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No