Lead Supplier Development Engineer
Use technical process expertise, including design feasibility analysis, tooling, and process development, to drive the successful launch of plastic components within the Global Supply Base; drive continuous improvement actions such as Lean Manufacturing, Scrap Reduction, Design Improvements, and Capability Improvements. Assess risk for supplier base and introduce proactive action plan to assure long-term improvement and risk mitigation.
- Drives process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurable to reduce quality non-conformances (DMR).
- Continually monitors assigned suppliers Performance status (PPM and DMR). Works with suppliers and plant SQA to implement effective 8D corrective action and comprehensive performance improvement plans as required.
- Conducts Quality/EHS risk assessments (SSA and Technical Assessments), in support of new sourcing, to determine if a supplier’s quality system meets Eaton’s performance thresholds. Set Action Plans to fulfill gaps found on SSA and Technical assessments, support and assure implementation plan.
- Participates on commodity regional commodity strategy teams and provides input with SDE strategy plan based on risk analyze and the quality detail required to define strategy and to support strategy implementation.
- Works collaboratively with plant SQA and acts as point of escalation for major supplier issues.
- Performs fundamental data analysis (Quality systems, PPM, DMR) to determine performance level of responsible suppliers and drive action plans as required.
- Assists, as required, in training of staff (supplier and Eaton staff) on supplier development procedures, processes and work instructions.
- Supports error proofing in the design stage through design & manufacturability reviews held with Product Engineer and suppliers, prior to source selection. Drive Error Proofing culture and maintenance in suppliers.
- Ensures initial supplier orientation, provides WISPER training as required.
- Works in accordance with Eaton’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Processes.
•Technical degree in engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
•Experience in auditing based on VDA, ISO, IATF or AIAG
•Minimum 4 years plant manufacturing experience
•Minimum 3 years’ experience in using quality tools/methodologies(PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
•Experience with plastics commodity is an advantage
•Working toward or certified Six Sigma Green Belt
•Knowledge of Automotive Industry specific quality registration (IATF16949)
•Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
•Ability to work cross-functionally
•Ability to think strategically
•Ability to communicate in English as a primary/secondary language
•Demonstrate Quality Role profile competence at levels as listed below:
Quality Leadership: Practitioner
Product and process Quality Planning: Practitioner
Analytica/Statistical Tools & Methods: Practitioner
Inspection and Testing: Practitioner
External Requirements: Practitioner
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH AUTO Automotive Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time