Production Supervisor - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a 1st Shift Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for directing and training a productive workforce to meet established production goals while maintaining schedules, safety objectives, quality objectives, and employee morale on assigned shift. In this role you would have responsibility to improve throughput velocity to achieve sales growth, on-time shipping, and WIP inventory targets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will staff, develop and maintain an effective workforce of production personnel to accomplish department goals.
- You will be responsible for employee selection, counseling, training and development and for managing the department through contemporary management to ensure continued non-union status.
- You will establish personal and departmental performance goals and objectives.
- You will help achieve plant safety objectives to improve incident rate, OSHME score, and safety risk rating.
- You will improve employee involvement and communications to achieve strategic operating objectives.
- You will plan, direct, and control the work of assigned work centers to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements and cost/quality standards. This includes complete responsibility for the effective utilization of overtime and control of absenteeism.
- You will own the overall performance of assigned area. Facilitate smooth hand offs between all shifts, identify and facilitate continuous improvement activity, participate and lead initiatives to meet plant level goals, work with Shift Supervisors to set appropriate staffing levels and staffing alignment.
- You will maintain the quality as well as quantity of various manufactured parts so that they meet engineering specifications. Manage each work center to achieve the lowest level of scrap and rework possible.
- You will be responsible for analyzing operating reports and taking necessary corrective action to effectively control all costs and expenses related to the department.
- You will prepare budgets for all controllable expense accounts pertaining to own department and provides other budgetary information to supervisor as requested to meet plan budgeting requirements.
- You will be responsible for effective implementation of modern manufacturing methods that will reduce costs and increase production while improving the quality of goods produced. Responsible for being knowledgeable of new technologies and applications of state of the art manufacturing.
- You will identify specific training needs of assigned employees and work with HR to develop programs designed to address their needs. Where required, participate in these programs as a trainer.
- You will act as a strong advocate of company Safety and Environmental initiatives and priorities
- You will ensure that all SAP systems and functions are being maintained, supported and used
- You will act as a strong advocate of Lean operating principles and database decision making such as Six Sigma and SPC
- You will have departmental responsibility and provide departmental leadership across all three shifts
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing or operations
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Relocation benefit is not being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility in order to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience working in an Engineered to Order environment
- Prior experience with machining, assembly, fabrication operations
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- ISO 9001 familiarity
- SAP, Excel proficiency
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time