Eaton’s Fluid Electrical Distribution division within the Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Team Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility.
The Team Leader is responsible for perform support activities that keep the shop floor running smoothly in the Value Stream. In this role, you will support High Performance Work Team Leaders in ensuring there are limited interruptions to production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will regularly use standard work and a process to track and follow-up on assigned tasks.
- You will be responsible for keeping work orders flowing and communication open with Operators and support staff to resolve daily issues.
- You will work under the guidance of the Operations Manager and Front Line Leaders, exercising initiative and independent judgment as needed.
- You will work with functional team to improve processes and investigate production problems to determine root cause and resolution
- You will maintain shop floor metrics through the Tier 1 and Tier 2 processes
- You will manage and maintain daily accuracy of Production Trackers in each area of Coupling – helping operators to fill them out correctly and resolving any issues with them.
- You will be present during shift startup to assist operators in getting daily issues resolved to get cells up and running quickly
- You will managed Daily Fast Response to issues in the Value Stream – this will require knowledge of MFGPRO, ENOVIA, MES, and good decision-making skills to handle production challenges
- You will manage daily priorities through the Value Stream to ensure good performance on customer OTD and Schedule Attainment
- You will be the owner of vacation and overtime scheduling for the Value Stream, managing metrics to improve understanding of trends and decision making associated with them
- You will participate in RIEs as an advocate for operations on the shop floor
- You will focus on 5S+ and driving improvements across key cells
- You will enter work orders for maintenance issues in the Value Streams
- You will assist in managing training program for the Value Stream
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Eaton Jackson facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Previous manufacturing leadership experience
- Experience with Lean tools and/or Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of MFGPRO, ENOVIA, and MES
- Strong Excel skills
- Five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No