Lighting Regional Account Manager (Luton, Watford, Hertfordshire)
Reporting to and working closely with the Regional Sales Manager you will be required to secure project sales from regional M&E contractors for mains and emergency lighting products and central battery systems. As well as developing a network directly with your assigned contractors you will also leverage electrical wholesaler relationships to open up additional opportunities. The position is also responsible for working effectively with Business Development Managers in the Lighting Projects team to ensure close communication and success in effective transactional duties.
The essential functions of the role include:
1. Support the Regional Sales Manager in the execution and development of an agreed strategy for sales.
2. Achieve a set sales target .
3. Achieve a set margin level.
4. Ensure the support of growth within the region .
5. Continuously monitor and improve the conversion rate of quotes to orders for the region.
6. Introduction of the full product portfolio to provide a solution of products.
7. Call on and develop business/social relationships with target Regional contractors at all levels throughout their organization in order to gain and develop opportunities through to and including the order stage.
8. Developing and maintaining a relationship with key business influencers within the Regional customer base, eg; Head Offices, associated Site Offices of Regional contractors, from M.D. Procurement Director, Project Director down to the Project Manager/Engineer.
9. Assist in the Co-ordination of the teams activities with the other sales teams and internal departments.
10. Knowing by customer who influences 80% of the existing business and understanding the
Regional Contractor organization, targeted segments and their processes.
To understand the products and their competitive position in the region and communicate the customer’s satisfaction and/or needs by:
Understanding the key management tool box:
a. Company Strategies
b. Company Policies
c. Quality Programs
d. CRM Program
e. Field Sales Operating Manual
• Understanding of appropriate customer service systems and commitment to executing them.
• Providing upper management with useful market information monthly, including business conditions, results achieved and actions planned.
• Maintain all company documentation, including expenses, project tracking system and all other administration required by the company to be carried out.
- Degree Level or equivilent, perferably engineering or business related would be beneficial or proven industry experience
- Proven track record in sales roles
- IT literate, knowledge of Emergency Lighting and Central Battery Units would be advantageous
- Good communicator, able to work well with others, able to plan, organise and prioritise
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time