Job Title: Senior Engineer # 065741
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will be Windows and mobile applications software development for Electrical Industrial Controls products. Enrich & foster climate of innovation to drive growth & accelerate capability development. Leads product development & technology innovation (IoT, App) by understanding product requirements, design & develop feature enhancements and implementation of world class high performance enterprise grade software applications for electrical products using technologies like C# .Net, WPF, MVVM, React Native, REST APIs etc.Lead Project, process, and overall technical execution on software activities of product development. Collaborate with global product engineering team and perform windows and mobile applications software development activities during project execution.Performs technical reviews including architectural and detailed design reviews.Train, develop and motivate colleagues on technical aspects demonstrating ‘Right to Left’ thinking (starting with consideration for end user
Your essential responsibilities:
- Engage in architecting and developing, C# .Net/WPF/MVVM based enterprise applications.
- Engage in design and development of React Native based mobile applications.
- Take lead in Build management, change management, and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/Bit Bucket/SVN etc.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical industrial control products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrate flexibility working in parallel on multiple products.
- Develop an understanding of both technology and product concepts and articulate product and software Architecture. Ensure quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Experience in code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines.
If you are:
Bachelor’s / Master’s in computer science / electronics/ E&TC engineering with 6+ years of experience in SW development for electrical industrial products.
- Hands-on expertise in C# .Net/WPF/MVVM based enterprise software applications.
- Hands-on experience in writing Unit Test using NUnit / MOq / etc.
- Hands-on experience on IoT (Internet of Things) using Microsoft Azure Cloud and REST APIs development.
- Hands-on experience on hybrid mobile applications development using React Native for iOS and Android mobile platforms and familiarity with their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Database.
- Experience in implementing Designs like SOA, etc.
- Experience in development of SOAP/REST, WCF/Web APIs services.
- Experience in working in Agile Team
- Having exposure to FDT Technology will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working on Fieldbus protocols will be added advantage.
- Candidate must have strong understanding of UI, adaptive/responsive design and current web standards.
- Able to configure embedded software systems and develop graphical user interface (GUI) on multiple platforms such as laptop, hand-held devices or web portals that allow user-friendly (re)configuration of control systems. Should have worked with fieldbus communication protocols at application side.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time