If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer in Eaton’s industrial business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is a part of Aerospace group with the primary responsibility to lead the electronics design of the airborne controller products and own the electronics design (Digital Electronics and Circuit Design, Power Electronics and Analog Circuit Design), development and testing strategy with respect to DO160, DO254 DAL level A/B/C/D/E compliance conforming to required standards as per FAA /EASA and to customer specific requirements.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Provide tactical and strategic direction for complex projects on Aerospace controllers involving multiple components or systems for completeness and compatibility with organizational objectives and standards.
Lead the quality design and development of Aerospace electronics controller products, ECUs for Industrial Sector
Lead multiple large scale projects while working with global teams. Lead the design and development of the electronics, it’s verification & validation strategy while working with global stakeholders, Aerospace product teams, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, DO160, DO254 compliance applications.
Influence and drive people / activities on complex technical issues.
Build Organizational capability assessment for the group. Champion and drive for the technology roadmap. Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class design solutions in line with present and future business needs. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
Lead technical initiatives that is recognized across Eaton Corporation and outside of Eaton as an expert in their particular field; Developing University Relations for the region. Lead ERG/Technology Talk forums. Leading member of professional bodies like SAE, IEEE, leading activities or forums jointly with Eaton, Key note speaker for technology areas
Drive Innovation : Patents or trade secrets
Champion DFSS for the group
Develop and nourish SME for the group and assist in recruitment and knowledge assessment
Develop six sigma initiatives within the group to improve quality, speed of execution
Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design verification and Validation methods and documents
Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
If you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation/Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation/Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in Power Electronics domains along with exposure to Digital and Analog Circuit Design, development and validation of Aerospace electronics controllers in compliance with DO160 and DO254 standards
- Hands on experience of electronics system architecture design, Pspice/LTspice based simulation, circuit design, multilayer PCB layouts and product development for Aerospace controllers
- Experience in Power electronics design on motor drives for secondary flight controls, actuators and traction drives.
- Knowledge about 6/12 pulse rectifier design & simulations and PWM modulation techniques for MOSFET/IGBT based full bridge
- Hands on experience of power supply designs using Flyback, SEPIC, resonant and Buck-Boost topologies, Thermal management/Heatsink selection.
- Experience in electronics verification (requirements, design reviews, stress analysis, thermal analysis) and validation (hardware Unit, integration, system testing, hardware qualification testing). At least 2-3 projects with full electronics development life cycle.
- Motor knowledge for brushless DC, Switched Reluctance, brushed applications, AC induction and dynamic braking mechanism
- Experience with communication protocols – serial RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Aerospace – Arinc429, Arinc825, CAN tools, model based development (Matlab/Simulink)
- Experience in handling Independent SOI audits with end customer or with DERs
- Independently develop modules/drivers including debugging and testing
- Hands on experience with debuggers, emulators or simulators.
- Technical documentation and requirement management knowledge and awareness of life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI, AS9100 D) and configuration management.
- Strong knowledge of electronics development standards (preferably DO-160).
- Use of a problem reporting tool/bug tracking tool
- Experience with hardware / software integration
- Contribute to technical reviews, guide and mentor junior engineers
- Attitude of a self-starter; ability to operate with minimal supervision
- Certified DFSS GB or BB and championing the DFSS in group
- Excellent communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required
- Understanding of Power Electronics Drive systems, motion control systems, cooling systems, vehicle/aircraft power supply systems
- Knowledge of Model based development using Matlab, Simulink
- Familiarity with configuration/change management processes and tools
- Exposure to Aerospace products and related subsystems
- Process models AS9100D, CMMI, ISO,ASPICE
- Good knowledge of Si/SiC/GaN based designs using MOSFET/IGBTs, Hybrids/IPM Modules for Convertors, Traction Motor drives, Actuator/motion controls & Invertor products
- Experience in industries with safety-critical requirements in aerospace/vehicle
- Knowledge about airborne certification using Mil461, DO160, Mil704, IEC/UL/CE,
- Good knowledge of transformer rectifier unit, electrical engineering concepts, switchgears, circuit breakers etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time