Lead Engineer - RMS
Job Title: Lead Engineer - RMS #065704
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer - RMS, in CRT-Corporate Technology, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within CRT-Corporate Technology team. Corporate Research & Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions. Lead Engineer RMS position is principally accountable for leading implementation of the state of art Design for Reliability and Safety practices for NTI/NPI projects for related to Eaton’s Aerospace Fuel & Motion Control systems.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Responsible to sign-off on the complex Aerospace projects in the EIIC Aerospace flagship NTI/NPI deck by independently leading Design for Reliability and Safety i.e. Identifying, managing and mitigating reliability and safety risks.
- Develops DfR methods for the emerging technologies in the field of reliability & safety to aid to risk identification & mitigation for NTIs. Responsible to influence the design and bring in novel ideas to not only mitigate reliability/safety risks but also aid to optimize the product performance.
- Responsible to drive ‘DfSS & DfR’ rigor in Aerospace product teams as part of NPI efficacy drive. Leverages EIIC test and FAR cells to develop & mature reliability models and to optimize DVP. Responsible for leading RMS reviews with senior leadership team.
- Collaborates with Program Manager’s to define RMS milestones, activities & effort for all deck projects. Execute the plan leveraging RMS team members and product engineering.
- Drives initiatives to deploy the risk mitigation within the organization such as Leading the Problem-solving methods such as FRACAS / Shainin Red X in the NPIs& /or existing product improvements in the cross functional team.
- Provides project, process, and technical leadership in area of DfR for Aerospace products. Mentor fellow team members to deliver their projects. Assist in enhancing the engineering maturity model for team in RMS. Assist in planning and implementing technology road map (Aerospace related items) for RMS.
- Implements data analytics-based solution by leveraging Aerospace actuarial database in the area of reliability life modeling.
If you are:
Master’s Degree in Reliability Engineering with Bachelor’s in Electronics/Electro-mechanical/Aeronautical.
PhD in Reliability Engineering related topic. ASQ CRE certification
Master with 5+ experience or PhD with 2 years working experience in RAMS
- Proficiency in DfR process like reliability modeling, goal setting, allocation, prediction, demonstration (life data analysis, growth plots & ALT). Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, FTA/FMEA, 8D, developing & analyzing component failure rates.
- Knowledge in FRACAS and reducing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Proficiency in standards such as NPRD-95, FMD-97, MIL-HDBK-217F, MIL-STD-1629, Rev A, SAE ARP 4761, SAE ARP 4754, FAR 25.981, FAR 25.863, AC 25.981-1C, AC 25.981-2A.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools, Reliasoft preferred.
- Work experience in the Aerospace systems. Exposure to actuarial sciences, software/network reliability engineering techniques. Preferred: DFSS GB certified from reputed organization etc.
- Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time