Team Leader - Actuators Nightshift
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
The position is responsible for overseeing all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area. The role will report to an Manufacturing Team Manager. The post holder monitors and manages hourly personnel in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Role Model the leadership attributes (add in ) Safety
- Drive communication and performance though daily team meetings and daily meeting with your Production Supervisor and Managers. Encourage 2 way communication and for the team to share ideas.
- Working closely and communicate effectively with cross functional teams across the site and partnering sites.
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the Eaton lean tools. (including Kaizen and Rapid Improvement and 5S standards.
- Achieve key metrics for Health and Safety, Quality TRCR, and On-Time Delivery.
- Assure quality compliance of all team members and processes within your work group. Deliver feedback to operators on any performance issues. Participation in Quality 8D investigations.
- Raising and closing of Quality non conformances.
- Evaluate and manage manning levels, managing shift patterns, and overtime. Manage holiday for team members to meet production demands
- Performance Management of all team members. Deliver effective goals setting, Quarterly reviews and development actions for all team members. Train and coach team members. Conduct monthly Performance reviews for Non Performers.
- Succession planning within the team and cross training / up skilling of all team members.
- Actively engage and recognize employees using all the Eaton tools available.
- Complete TAKT walks (to monitor and address safety, quality, 5S standard work and TPM). Timely close out of all issues that are identified.
- Empower employees by provision of resources removal of barriers, driving decision making down through the team.
- Order the necessary resources and equipment required for your team to complete their job.
- Timely and effective resolutions of employee relations issues / conflict management.
- Managing attendance of team members and completion of Return to Work interviews.
- Support recruitment and selection activities.
- Adherence to standard work
- Update the time and attendance system for your team and manage timecards.
- To complete observations and encourage the team to raise observations, giving them feedback on the actions.
- To complete COSHH assessments for your area.
- Ensure all members are adequately trained and all mandatory training is completed on time. Have a robust Training plan in place to allow all task to be covered.
Minimum 1-3 years of experience leading others
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No