Machine Operator - Braid 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking an Operator II - Braid to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
Experienced level of machine operator requiring the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications. Under moderate supervision, sets up and operates alternately more than one type of production machine on a limited range of production work, involving close tolerances and set-ups, which are exacting, but not usually highly involved or difficult. Adjusts machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, feeds and operation sequence are ordinarily prescribed.
Braiding – Set up and operate wire-winders, yarn-winders and braiders to provide a braid on the Teflon® hoses. Primarily working with Aerospace products.
The operator will be required to learn and work in multiple cells
Wire Winding: Load wire onto wire winder per router and set up wire winder to run wire as required
Proof test: Places coil of hose in tester, hook up to clamps and pressure test with water to proper specifications.
Packing: Inspect and measure dimensions of hoses to verify conformance to specifications using appropriate measuring tools; assemble boxes; cut hose ends and defects; make labels for hose and boxes, cut and submit samples to Quality Lab according to instructions given in a timely manner; record footage of each coil and place in box accurately.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- You will produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- You will review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- You will accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- You will participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- You will maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices.
- Follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provide for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Middlesex, NC facility will be considered
- 6 months of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No